I can’t decide what to write about. I don’t have enough material to make a full-length article out of any particular topic. Bullet points here I come.
- Thank God the Lillys have been here this week. My illness means I have to stay away from Jonah, meaning without Bernard and Liz there would be only one set of hands to hold the boy.
- Staying away from Jonah sucks. I don’t think prior to this I noticed how much I enjoy holding him. Being so deprived, I think Jonah is looking even cuter than ever before.
- Jonah can track people moving across the room and has started holding his head up a little bit. He should be recognizing that his hands and feet are his own pretty soon.
- Howard Dean, MD for president. I can’t say it often enough.
- One of the notable features of President Bush’s ill-conceived, budget-busting $350 billion tax cut is an increase in the child care tax credit from $600 to $1000. Most taxpayers will eligible for this credit will receive a $400 check within the next several months. This credit does not exist for high income taxpayers, but the surprise today is that it doesn’t apply to low-income families either. In short, families with incomes between $10,500 and $26,625 aren’t going to see any help. Thank God we had room to cut capital gains and dividend taxes, though: The unbearable burden of the wealthy must be lightened!
- Bernard and I made good progress on nursery today. The baseboard heater is in, most of the baseboard trim is finished, and the primer coat of paint is where it needs to be. We’ll be painting the final coat tomorrow and if it’s dried finishing the trim. I can’t wait to have it done.
- I’ve only heard samples from Apple’s iTunes Music Service, but Coldplay’s A Rush of Blood to the Head sounds like an album for the ages.
- Having now seen every SportsNight episode ever produced, you’ll find the DVD collection on my wish list at Amazon.com.